H.R. McMaster on Trump's White House and American National Security (Video)Breaking News
tags: national security, Donald Trump
This is an excerpt from the "60 Minutes" interview. Follow the link at the bottom of this page to view the full interview on CBS.
H.R. Mcmaster was an eyewitness to the Oval Office tempest that forms President Trump's foreign policy. McMaster was national security adviser for 13 months beginning in 2017 and he brought a world of experience to the job. He graduated from West Point, led troops in combat, served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. And, on the way to becoming an Army three-star general, he earned a Ph.D. in history. McMaster has written a new book called "Battlegrounds." The title refers to threats faced by the U.S. today and to skirmishes at the White House. The now-retired general is a disciple of neither political party. He told us the last few presidents, not just President Trump, have left the United States vulnerable in the eyes of those who would do us harm.
comments powered by Disqus
- Q&A: Historian Rick Perlstein on Media ‘Bothsidesism,’ and Why 2020 Definitely Isn’t 1968
- In Battleground North Carolina, Donald Trump Is Taking Jesse Helms’s Last Stand
- Misremembering the British Empire
- The Woman’s Fight: The Civil War’s Battles for Home, Freedom, and Nation: Washington History Seminar with Thavolia Glymph 11/4
- Maryland Archaeologists Unearth Jesuit Plantation’s 18th-Century Slave Quarters