SOURCE: Washington Post
by Elizabeth M. Smith-Pryor
The myth of America as an equal opportunity society has historically allowed white Americans to hold out equality as a promise redeemable in the future but rarely available in the present.
- Q&A: Historian Rick Perlstein on Media ‘Bothsidesism,’ and Why 2020 Definitely Isn’t 1968
- In Battleground North Carolina, Donald Trump Is Taking Jesse Helms’s Last Stand
- Misremembering the British Empire
- The Woman’s Fight: The Civil War’s Battles for Home, Freedom, and Nation: Washington History Seminar with Thavolia Glymph 11/4
- Maryland Archaeologists Unearth Jesuit Plantation’s 18th-Century Slave Quarters